GreenFire® OMRI Listed Approval Received
In 2021 GreenFire® received the Organic Materials Review Institute (OMRI) listing for our Pro Defense For Organic Use.
This OMRI listing assures the suitability of products for certified organic production, handling, and processing under the following conditions:
- For certified organic farmers, the product must be included in the operator’s approved organic system (farm) plan.
- Product use must be in accordance with any restrictions described in the official products list under the product’s category.
Also, they recommends that users of OMRI Listed products follow these suggestions:
- Many product or manufacturer names are similar. Check to make sure that both product and manufacturer names on the label match the official listing.
- Apply the product according to instructions or purpose on the label, and in accordance with any restrictions indicated in the OMRI Products List.
- Guard against the possibility of environmental contamination and negative ecological impacts.
- Handle products with care for the safety of the workers involved.
- Contact the manufacturer about a product’s efficacy, health and environmental effects.
They support organic integrity by developing clear information and guidance about materials, so that producers know which products are appropriate for organic operations. OMRI is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that provides an independent review of products, such as fertilizers, pest controls, livestock health care products, and numerous other inputs that are intended for use in certified organic production and processing. When companies apply, OMRI reviews their products against the organic standards. Acceptable products are then Omri certified, listed and appear on the OMRI Products Lists©.
OMRI also provides technical support and training for professionals in the organic industry.